We’re the first to admit that there is typically one area that is often neglected in the IT industry. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) face the same common problem with resourcing and executing their marketing. So why is it important to get it right?
Without a solid grasp of digital marketing or a strategy in place, you won’t be in the right place for your customers to;
A) Find you; and
B) Trust you as the right service provider.
However, this doesn’t need to be a painful process. It is, in fact, one that will work with your other business activities to build on your industry presence. Digital marketing should be included in your business strategies from the beginning – marketing activities can be implemented at each stage of your customers’ journey!
And with global spend for managed services expected to grow by nearly 11% by 2021, there are no signs of the industry slowing down.
The market growth for the cloud and other technologies is a very significant one. It is estimated that £352 billion will be spent on IoT alone in the UK. So, let’s get marketing!
Here are our top 4 considerations for beginning your digital marketing strategy, that will help you drive growth and maintain customer retention:
- Creative content
Write, make videos, write some more!
- Does your customer know who you are as well as what you do? Make sure there is a core value to what you say.
- Using your blog and YouTube channel is a way of reaching out to people/potential new clients.
- Always include a call-to-action (CTA) in your work so that you can drive this audience into successful conversions.
- Keep on top of relevant keywords to ensure your content aligns with what the right people are searching for
- Social media platforms
For B2B, 78% of marketers have reported a surge in website traffic from using social media over the past two years! What do you need to know to start driving your social media strategy?
- Who is your audience?
- Decide on the right platform for you.
- Remember that you can repurpose material, post your blogs and you can retweet industry news.
- Have some structure to what you are posting and when.
- Make your social content engaging - quality rather than quantity speaks volumes.
- Brand identity
For a successful digital marketing campaign, your brand image needs to be strong. Your value needs to bleed into your design assets to create a seamless strategy – consistent colours, logos, personality and voice all contribute to a digital marketing strategy’s ROI (Return on investment). You want to consider these across all platforms, including;
- Across your social platforms, and agree on a brand voice across these
- Everything that is public facing. This includes your email signatures and even stationary for meetings!
People choose brands because they look trustworthy, and looking trustworthy means looking professional.
- Conduct an SEO audit
Search Engine Optimization is the process that will get your website seen. The cloud service provider market is a competitive one, so it’s important to stand out organically.
- Start small by researching free SEO tools to get started
- Once you are confident in the direction you’ve set, a comprehensive paid website analysis is your next step. These show you specifically what you can do to improve your visibility, and use the right keywords to get you discovered.