As technology evolves in the modern world and more forward-thinking and progressive mindsets take hold, women are increasingly stepping into leadership positions in the cloud industry. At the Women in Cloud event at Cloud Summit X in San Diego, we’re excited to welcome some of the most brilliant, successful and prolific female technology leaders in the world.
This event will explore the importance of tapping into your own intrinsic value to generate infinite opportunities, drive purposeful leadership and impact everyone around you. There, women who are changing the global technology landscape will speak on a variety of trending topics in cloud. And leading the Women in Cloud lineup is featured keynote speaker, Carla Harris.
“She’s a Nice Girl, But She’s Tough”
Growing up in a no-nonsense, no-excuses household, Carla decided early on never to play the “girl” card. If something didn’t go well, she asked herself, “What was the issue, what didn’t I do correctly and how could I do better?” Doing well was a given, shooting for 110% was the norm and aiming for the top was the obvious path.
In her last year of high school, Carla applied to three Ivy League schools and was accepted to all three before choosing Harvard. She went on to graduate magna cum laude from Harvard Business School and accepted a job in investment banking with Morgan Stanley. From there, Carla managed several high-profile IPOs, rose through the ranks and is now vice chairman of Wealth Management and senior client advisor at Morgan Stanley.
Carla is also an accomplished gospel recording artist with a popular online album and the author of two successful books: Strategize to Win and Expect to Win. Ranked among “The 50 Most Powerful Black Executives in Corporate America” by Fortune magazine, she was also appointed by former President Obama to chair the National Women’s Business Council.
It’s been noted that perhaps one reason women may not pursue careers in technology and finance is the lack of female mentors. Carla consciously seeks to do her part in changing that. She feels a responsibility to be accessible, makes it a priority to mentor others and seizes the opportunity to impact women just coming into the workforce. In addition, Carla makes a constant effort to pass along her pearls of wisdom, so the next generation of women knows that achieving success in a male-dominated field is within reach.
eXperience the Power of Women
Following Carla Harris’ keynote, an interactive panel discussion will feature five powerful female executives in technology as they address the numerous challenges facing women in the industry and how to overcome them:
- Dorothy Copeland: As vice president of IBM Global Business Partners, Dorothy leads the North American channel and is known for her experience and skill in growing a cloud-native channel.
- Cindy Kennedy: As president of Converge Technology Partners Western Region, Cindy oversees the integration and sales enablement efforts across Converge’s sister organizations.
- Siobhan Dullea: As chief operating officer of MassChallenge, Siobhan oversees global operations while supporting the organization’s future expansion.
- Sophie Deleval: As president of Ingram Micro France, Sophie is responsible for the company’s positive transformation that resulted from placing greater emphasis on operational excellence.
- Gina Mastantuono (Panel Moderator): As chief financial officer at Ingram Micro, Gina oversees financial planning and analysis, financial operations, controllership, and other financial and business processes.
eXplore all of Cloud Summit X
Beyond the Women in Cloud event, Cloud Summit X offers 75+ total sessions, including keynotes from industry leaders as well as hands-on labs, workshops, presentations and panel discussions filled with technical and marketing experts.
Whether you’re a woman working in cloud, or you just want to show your support for this community, join us and add the special Women in Cloud event to your Cloud Summit X agenda. Get started by registering for Cloud Summit X today at https://www.ingrammicrocloud.com/cloudsummit/.