Wondering how you can ramp up sales in 2020 when you have a large portfolio, but lots of competition? Selling a SaaS data protection solution provides a value-add that differentiates your business, along with the bonus of less heavy lifting for your team.
Your customers need better backup
According to Hanover Research, nearly half of all organizations will soon need to replace their backup solutions. Why? Current backup solutions are failing due to poor performance, high complexity and a lack of critical features supporting efficiency and value. This opens the door to new and better solutions. Just look at the statistics:
- More than 70% of companies surveyed claimed they often needed to recover data, but 64% reported that they had failed to do so.
- More than half (60%) of IT professionals had switched backup and recovery solutions in the past 12 months.
- A majority (62%) of respondents claimed backup performance was their highest priority.
Data protection solutions have traditionally demanded a heavy investment in licenses and required infrastructure, including the maintenance of that infrastructure. IT teams have struggled to meet rising SLAs, address the needs of new applications and deployments, and avoid cyberattacks—all while establishing the security mechanisms and processes that prevent intrusion or data loss. But time is running out and the risks are high.
Claim your share of increasing backup budgets—without the heavy lifting
Many companies now recognize the importance of solving these issues with a smart solution and are increasing their backup budgets accordingly. As a result, cloud revenue is expected to reach $278 billion by 2021. According to Gartner, “The cloud application services market, or software-as-a-service (SaaS), remains the largest segment of the cloud market.”
It’s likely your clients already understand the value of SaaS data protection for its ease of use without the upfront investment, making them receptive to the solutions you provide.
Three ways you win with Metallic
1. Easy to attach: Data protection is a hot item and should be included in your strategy when building both on-premises and cloud environments. Include it with the initial sale, or expand your relationships with existing clients by adding it to cloud storage, infrastructure or Office 365 portfolios.
Metallic’s breadth of capabilities serves multiple protection needs, giving you more opportunities to include it in a bill of materials (BOM) while increasing your deal sizes.
2. Faster sales: Because it's SaaS, you can get your customers into a free online trial in minutes. They’ll get built-in support with Metallic nurturing them along the way. And with neither support nor proof of concept (POC) required, you can eliminate delays and deal complexities.
3. Eliminate ongoing SLAs: Because Metallic is a pure SaaS solution, you can quickly build a new revenue stream, while avoiding a managed service provider (MSP) relationship and the burdens that come with it.
With SaaS, there are no additional requirements to set up new systems. IT teams can use cloud or on-premises storage, simplifying operations with less downtime while providing seamless scalability to protect critical workloads and endpoints within a day. You’re free to make the sale and move on, setting yourself up for recurring revenue.
Metallic’s SaaS data protection offers flexibility, scalability and enterprise-grade performance for companies of any size—all based on Commvault’s industry-leading technology. Gartner sums up what customers are looking for: “Ease of deployment, instant recovery and, especially, a greater ease of daily administration are key requirements [for today’s backup and recovery needs.]”
With a Metallic SaaS solution for data protection, your clients won’t have to compromise—they can get all the features they want without the hassle of managing software licenses, building new support infrastructure or assigning valuable budget resources to buy excess storage they’ll never use.
Don’t wait—be there for your customers with one of the best SaaS data protection solutions available. For more information, visit the Metallic site.