The Perfectly Paired Partners: Cisco Umbrella and Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace
Why Cisco and Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace? The partnered alliance between Ingram Micro Cloud and Cisco's Umbrella was one of the most significant combined achievements of 2017. By adding Cisco Umbrella to the Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace, buyers and sellers can now conduct business on a single platform with confidence and ease.
Ingram Cloud Marketplace is a comprehensive online ecosystem of more than 200 cloud-based applications. Together with Cisco’s Umbrella, the marketplace delivers a cloud-based security platform that operates at the domain name system (DNS) layer, providing a first line of defense against threats on the internet.
Protect Mobile Data Globally
In the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) world, providing security for mobile devices is paramount. Cisco has expanded its cybersecurity reach with Umbrella cloud-based security, which supports roaming Macs, PCs and iOS devices, all managed through one web-based dashboard.
Now, more than 65 million users around the world connect to the internet via Cisco Umbrella servers. What makes Cisco Umbrella so compelling is that it blocks requests to malicious destinations (domains, IPs and URLs) before a connection is established. It also protects against threats over all ports and protocols. Most importantly, it can safeguard internet access across all devices on a network, all office locations and all roaming users.
Optimization of Cybersecurity
In today’s internet of things (IoT), cybersecurity is at the forefront of discussions in technology, because IT departments are limited in what they can provide. With many companies having employees out on the road on business using their own devices, protecting data while roaming is crucial.
Most small to mid-size companies cannot implement the cybersecurity that’s needed compared to what the larger cloud companies have in preventing and handling DDoS and Man in The Middle (MITM) attacks.
While most IT is written in different coding languages, the implementation of enterprise-wide cloud security is easy, seamless and takes only minutes. Cisco Umbrella is the simplest security you’ll ever deploy. There is no hardware to install or software to manually update, and the browser-based interface provides quick setup and ongoing management.
Select the Right Security Features
When it comes to selling security, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all product or solution. Cisco helps partners solve this challenge by offering Umbrella in different packages, including Professional and Insights. The needs of a startup are going to vary from that of enterprise businesses. Therefore, conversion to cloud cybersecurity through Cisco Umbrella products depends on what you need.
- Professional Package for Startups and Growing Companies
Recommended for small companies, it includes the following features:
- Blocks ransomware, malware, phishing and C2 (command and control) callbacks
- Protects users anywhere they go, on and off the corporate network
- Stops malicious domain requests and IP responses at the DNS layer, over any port or protocol
- Real-time, enterprise-wide activity search and scheduled reports
- Enforces acceptable use policies using 80+ content categories
- Creates custom block/allow lists
- Insights Package for Mid-Size to Enterprise Companies
Recommended for mid-size to enterprise companies, it includes everything that’s available in the Professional package, plus these additional features:
- Blocks direct IP connections at the IP layer
- Identifies targeted attacks by comparing local vs. global activity\
- Identifies cloud, shadow IT and IoT (Internet of Things) usage risks by reporting on 1,800+ services
- Enforcement and visibility per internal network or Active Directory user/group
- Provides an intelligent proxy for deeper inspection of risky domains and includes URL and file inspection using AV engines and Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
- Retains logs with Amazon Web Services integration using customer-managed or Cisco-managed S3 bucket
All Cisco Umbrella packages include cloud-delivered security deployed in minutes with no hardware to install or software to maintain along with access to a fast, reliable network that resolves more than 100 billion DNS requests daily for over 85 million users with no added latency.
Cisco partners are encouraged to check out the Cisco Umbrella Package Comparison datasheet to determine the right package for their customers. For additional information, please contact Gordon Scott, our cloud-dedicated Cisco market development executive, at (813) 449-3273.