Acronis Global Cyber Summit 2019—the nation’s largest gathering of cyber protection professionals—just wrapped up in Miami, Florida, with new solutions unveiled to a crowd of more than 1,000 attendees.
Cybersecurity experts, CIOs, IT pros, managed services providers (MSPs), value-added resellers (VARs), independent software vendors (ISVs) and developers all came together for the two-and-a-half-day conference to explore the latest solutions for protecting critical data assets and systems.
The Acronis Global Cyber Summit gave thought leaders and industry experts an opportunity to share their insights and discuss new strategies for protecting vital data against evolving cyberthreats. More than 40 industry leaders, government officials, cybersecurity experts, Acronis leaders and partners—including Ingram Micro's Global Cloud Channel SVP Renée Bergeron—took part in the event as speakers and panelists.
Step 1: Unveil new Acronis cybersecurity solutions
Acronis Founder and Executive Officer Serguei “SB” Beloussov delivered the opening keynote, sharing his vision of the future of cyber protection. Acronis announced three new cyber protection solutions designed to revolutionize how the industry solves evolving data protection and cybersecurity challenges:
- Acronis Cyber Protect integrates seven key protection needs into one easy-to-use solution.
- Acronis Cyber Infrastructure delivers a cost-efficient, reliable hyper-converged infrastructure for hosting cyber protection.
- Acronis Cyber Platform provides third parties the ability to customize, extend and integrate Acronis Cyber Protection, and access Acronis’ larger ecosystem.
Step 2: Explore real-world applications
The Summit featured breakout sessions based on four tracks, each tailored to professionals who have a direct impact on the future of cyber protection: MSPs, VARs, developers, ISVs and IT pros from enterprises and businesses.
- Success in the Cloud guided MSPs to develop vertical strategies and boost their business. It also explored how peers successfully built sticky, high-margin cyber protection service offerings and taught attendees how to leverage the Acronis Cyber Platform to build a profitable practice.
- Transform Your Reseller Business included first-person success stories about landing new business and expanding beyond cyber protection services, and provided guidance on transforming VAR businesses by integrating cloud-based offerings.
- Integration and Automation explored topics like the state of the API economy, automated security and how it provides the best defense, and revolutionary changes in the industry from artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and blockchain technologies.
- Edge Computing looked at topics like managing security risks on the edge, leveraging the benefits of next-gen storage and data repository (DR) solutions, and understanding how teams in high-pressure, data-driven sports like Formula One racing use cyber protection to compete.
Step 3: Promote community building and recognition
In addition to knowledge-sharing at the event, our team took part in a variety of networking opportunities, including the Women in Tech Breakfast and a charity reception benefiting the Acronis Cyber Foundation’s Schools Initiative, where more than $30,000 was raised for the construction of a new school in Nicaragua.
There was also an awards reception where Ingram Micro Cloud was recognized with the Best Cloud Distributor Award by our long-time partners at Acronis.
Step 4: Provide valuable certification and training programs
The Acronis Global Cyber Summit concluded with exclusive free training and certification courses (valued at $1,000) for attendees motivated to expand their mastery of cyber protection services. Sessions included:
- Acronis Certified Engineer Backup Cloud
- Acronis New Product Workshop
- Acronis Sales Professional Training
- Acronis Cyber Backup Specialist Training
How to keep your momentum going
With the Acronis Global Cyber Summit 2019 in the history books, we’re excited to hear from the hundreds of IT professionals we met in Miami to continue expanding the cyber protection revolution and await news about next year’s event. You can learn more about the latest Acronis cybersecurity solutions at Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace.