Microsoft is frequently adding and changing Office 365 features. In this post we will update you on the most important and interesting ones.
SharePoint Online Public Website feature
Microsoft has announced the following changes in the public website feature in SharePoint Online, effective January 2015:
- New customers who subscribe to Office 365 will no longer have access to this feature.
- Customers who currently use this feature will continue to have access to the feature for a minimum of two years following the changeover date.
- Moving forward, Office 365 customers will have access to third-party offerings that will enable them to easily integrate their public websites with their Office 365 service.
Why this change? Microsoft stated they have concluded that, when it comes to public websites, Office 365 customers would be better served by providers for which public websites are a core competency. By discontinuing the SharePoint Online Public Website feature, Microsoft is able to focus their efforts on the delivery of Office 365 capabilities that will bring greater value to customers.
New Features in the Office 365 Partner Admin Center
A number of changes has been made to the Partner Admin Center.
- Flagging in client management. You have You have two new ways you can see the clients that you’ve got delegated access permissions for: flagged and recently accessed. You can flag up to 30 clients to create a custom flagged view. If you flag a client and the list size is already 30, the oldest flagged client (client that has been flagged for the longest time) will no longer be flagged. If you have over 100 clients, the flagged view will be your default view
- Search. You can now search for clients by typing part of the client’s name or domain name and pressing enter. The search results will display up to 100 clients that match the search string.
- Performance enhancements. We have decreased load time for many features, resulting in a faster responding experience for you.