Constant and consistent communication. This is really the only way you can keep pace with the fast-moving, always-evolving demands of business in a digital world. And like many other business-critical services, the cloud makes managing communications, especially Private Branch Exchange (PBX) telephone services, easier and more effective—by lowering costs, increasing reliability and improving productivity.
The 5 Ms of cloud-based PBX
A traditional private branch exchange (PBX) is a telephone network that switches calls between internal and external users. It typically resides on-premises and requires significant time, personnel and productivity costs to keep it running, especially if the business has multiple locations. A cloud-based PBX transforms this function, making it a hosted service with a long list of benefits to customers.
To keep it simple, all you need to know are the five Ms of switching to a cloud-based PBX and how it helps businesses: It’s modern, it’s easier to maintain, it saves money and it’s mobile.
- Modern: On-premises systems are yesterday’s technology, especially when you consider the evolving and expanding ways in which we communicate—email, instant message, mobile text, video conference and more. A cloud-based PBX can integrate across the different modes to create a modern, unified communications system.
- Maintenance: When customers move their PBX to the cloud, they can focus on what they do best instead of maintaining a complex, critical telecommunications service. Plus, updates and upgrades are easy and often automatic. And there’s promise of imrproved business continuity in the event of network issues.
- Money: Cloud continues to be cost-efficient—and PBX is no different. On-premises networks can require large initial investments, along with ongoing maintenance costs. Instead of sinking profits into cap-ex that ages and depreciates, businesses can focus on generating revenue.
- Mobility: You can take PBX anywhere—literally and figuratively. No on-site infrastructure means it’s portable and not restricted to a single location. Plus, it can scale with your business. So, as your business grows, you can add features and functions with ease.
- More reasons to make the move
Microsoft’s Phone System is a leading cloud-based solution that gives you PBX capabilities without having to invest in complicated and expensive equipment. For existing Office 365 customers, it’s an easy value-add with its extensive features. In addition, it’s a solution from a company that’s dedicated to enabling digital transformation and empowering every organization to achieve more.
Starting August 1, 2019, the Auto-Attendant and Call Queues features will be available as a $0 add-on for customers who have either a standalone Office 365 Phone System subscription and/or an Office 365 suite subscription that includes Phone System.
This creates increased flexibility for customers who are only able to use these features if they have Phone System and a Microsoft Calling Plan. Partners will see the new add-on offer on the August license-based services price list located on the pricing and offers page of the Partner Center dashboard.
Find out how much Phone System from Microsoft has to offer here or by contacting your lngram Micro Cloud sales representative.